Office Hours: 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
BHS Breakfast Times: 7:50-8:15 a.m.
Student Day: 8:25 a.m. - 3:20 p.m.
Office: (563) 332-7001 | Attendance: (563) 332-7000
Student Services: (563) 332-7005 | Activities/Athletics: (563) 332-4516
Student Services & Nurse's Office - Fax: (563) 332-2326
Activities & Main Office - Fax: (563) 332-8761
Bettendorf High School is devoted to excellence and serves approximately 1,477 students. Students can also attend Edison Academy, the alternative high school program for Bettendorf, Pleasant Valley and North Scott high schools.
The current high school campus opened in 1973. Through long-term planning and vision, all academic areas of the high school have been renovated with structural and technological updates, creating a state of the art facility. These improvements facilitate unique and comprehensive learning opportunities for all students. The expansive, air conditioned high school features a landscaped inner courtyard, a state of the art planetarium, a spacious library and media center instructional area, 11 fully networked computer labs, student commons area, and a state-of-the-art 840 seat performing art center.
The other activities and athletic facilities include fine arts rooms, multiple gymnasiums, updated athletic field complex, Olympic sized swimming pool, and a fitness/weight training center.
The Bettendorf High School instructional staff consists of 95 teachers and one media specialist. The staff is supported by 5 counselors, a social worker and 40 support staff. The administrative team consists of the Interim Principal Joy Kelly, Associate Principal and Activities Director Kevin Skillet, Associate Principal Kristy Cleppe, and Dean of Students Colin Wikan.
VITAL STAFF STATISTICS
- 68% of the instructional staff have master’s degrees
- Average years of total teaching experience - 9
Bettendorf High School has a 4x4 Block Schedule
- Students attend four 90 minute classes each day. Courses are 9 weeks or 18 weeks in length. Students with a block schedule may earn 8 credits per year. Mid-term reports are issued to students each quarter and final grades are given each 9 weeks. BHS also offers year-long courses in a 40-minute format.
- A 4.0 grade scale is used. Nine-week courses receive .5 credits and 18-week courses receive 1.0 credit.
- All instructors are available to provide individual assistance for students before school beginning at 7:30 a.m. and after 3:15 p.m.